Saturday, May 2, 2009
Running and running
I have been running...not as much as i should, and not as much as I'd like to...but running, nevertheless. For the first time in my life, I have actually enjoyed it. Felt like I could actually do it. Felt in shape. Its been good for the morale. At the same time, I feel like I don't stop running in my life. From laundry and cleaning to working and cooking and shopping and driving and driving and driving. This last week, I must have put on 1000 miles. Well, maybe that's extreme, but maybe not. I feel like I have been in the car for hours. I miss walking places. But I didn't have a view like this one, when I could walk everywhere. I could see the place that I worked on one side and my neighbor's GIANT TV on the other side. Now all I see is green trees and rolling hills. Much nicer. Even with all the driving. I have been trying harder to appreciate all I have. To really love what I have right now, not what I could have, or what I think I should have, but what I do have. And I do love it. But sometimes, when I am running and running and I haven't gotten out to run those miles or hit the gym, I don't like it so much. But, I wouldn't change it for the world. To watch my son grow up and eat dinner with my husband. To preach and teach and still have time to go to the park and read thirty books before bed. That's what's really awesome. Even when I feel run down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment