Wandering in the Wilderness

.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

a better day

Tuesdays are the day the baby goes to be with grandma, and I get to go to work baby-free (and dad gets to work worry-free). Usually that means working frantically from the moment I step in the door until she drops him off again on her way to choir rehearsal. And today was no exception to that. But today, while I didn't really cross anything off my list, I did feel like I accomplished something. I can't really say what, but it was something. Usually I come home and feel harried, overwhelmed and just out of control. But tonight, I felt alive. Actually, I was downright hyper. I danced to bluegrass with my son for a long time - he loves to stomp his feet, shake his head, and groove to the banjo and fiddle. Don't know what it is about that music, but it gets us all going - can't help but stomp your feet.

Great meetings today, lots of new information that helped me understand some things that I just couldn't wrap my mind around. Also, I felt, for once, like I was doing my job. For so long since I had the baby and have cut back my hours, I just don't feel like I am doing anything. But today, I felt organized, prepared, and on target. I felt like a leader. And honestly, it felt good - finally.

So, I am going to savor today. Maybe tomorrow will not be so great. But today was good.

No comments: