I decided a while back that I would try working from home one day a week. Of course, that never really happened, until today. It was an interesting experiment, and in the end I think it will be better than dragging the baby to work with me. But its going to take some getting used to for all of us (including the dog, who I secretly think LOVES when we are out of the house and she can do whatever she wants whenever she wants). I did actually cross three things off my list (I don't think that ever happens when we are at the office) and the baby took over an hour nap (which is very rare), so I think it's going to work. Only time will tell.What was great about today, though, was the fact that last night was the first time in nearly a month, that I slept in my own bed for more than an hour or two. The baby is in the habit of waking up, which I don't really mind (I am used to it). However, this last month or so, he is also in the habit of falling asleep, only to wake up as soon as I put him back in the crib, and won't go back to sleep until I lie down with him on the mattress we put in his room. And while the mattress is a huge improvement over the floor or sleeping in the rocking chair sitting up, he usually doesn't like to give me much more than an inch or two, as he loves to sleep diagonally, with his head on my face and his hands pulling my hair. Needless to say, I haven't gotten much quality of sleep. But last night, he went right back to sleep and stayed that way until almost 6! Then I asked daddy to see if he would go back to sleep for him, so I got another hour. It felt like heaven. And I am thankful for that one night. So is my neck and back.
Okay, time for bed. I am falling asleep as I type.
No comments:
Post a Comment