Wandering in the Wilderness

.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Single Mom...Day One

Eight days...no husband...two year old. Ugh. Of course I have nothing to complain about, as I encouraged him to go. He's at a CREDO conference, and I am really happy for him. But B turned 2 today (cannot believe THAT) So, since he will miss a week with him and it's B's first week of his third year of life, I thought I would document the things we did so I could remember and he could read about it.

Day One: Dropped daddy off at the airport and hit two stores with Godpapa, Uncle Pippy. Then we headed to Red Robin (always the restaurant of choice for birthdays in our house) and get the usual with the crazy Birthday song and requisite sundae (Pippy's got the pictures to prove it). B fell asleep while we drove around trying to figure out where the UPS or FedEx stores were so we could overnight the cell phone daddy left at home. Finally got home and B woke up shortly after being laid down. Went downstairs to find a box to ship the phone in and there's water on the floor...hose was on and dripping for several days. Figured out it was easier to just print and pay for the label at home and Pippy would drop it off on his way out of town. But...tada! Just as we were finishing the taping, the UPS driver dropped off another package and took ours with her! Perfect timing. After Pippy left, we played on the slide outside for hours - I blew some leaves and started on the 18 inch grass on our lawn. Then we took Chloe for a nice walk and played inside for a bit. I thought he might take a nap in the late afternoon, but no dice. All day I had been trying to get a phone call to the in-laws, but it kept saying "we're sorry but the circuits are busy" - turns out there's a long distance outage in my area - and my cell phone is dead because I sent the charger to daddy in the mail. So...we talked to people on the computer and passed the evening. Bad dinner, really - I ate creamed corn and broccoli salad and B ate the left over chicken from lunch, cheese and a banana. Then a bath, one half of a book and ZZZZZ...out like a light. Before 8. Very nice.

It's so quiet here. Too quiet. I feel like I can hear every thump and creak and it's freaking me out. Glad I have the dog here. I miss him. It is not the first time I have had B without him, just the first time I've been home without him. It's very different. And kind of lonely. Too quiet. I hope the evening is going well and he is enjoying his time. I hope you get something out of this, sweetie. I really do. I love you.

No comments: