Wandering in the Wilderness

.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

So I am officially on Bed Rest

Pregnant with twins - 29 weeks along - and on bed rest due to pre-term labor.  The doctors have managed to stop contractions with medication and now we just wait and see how  long they are willing to stay in there.  I think three weeks is a minimum, so hopefully until the end of the year.

It has been an interesting and humbling experience.  First of all, I already know it is difficult for me to sit still or do nothing.  And yet, as I had contractions last night for a bit (and was scared out of my mind for a few hours), I am a bit more ready to try and do just that.  Secondly, it is amazing how many people have stepped up to help out - with meals, with childcare, with cleaning.  We have been blessed to receive a gift of a housekeeper until the babies come, which is amazing.  And I think we will have meals for the foreseeable future.  It's only been two days, but I feel like I can do this.  We'll see...that's why I thought I would try blogging about it.  See how I feel in a week, two weeks...a month.  I have many stories of real people who have made it ten weeks, so it is possible.  I am hoping.  Until then...rest and following doctor's orders.

No comments: